After a brisk skiing day, we chill out in a bath in a sauna and have a delicious dinner. Some days we stay the night in simple huts and cabins, where the only comforts are a wood-heated sauna, a tasty meal, good company, and a warm sleeping bag. The luggage will be transported from cabin to cabin, so, on the ski track, you need only a small backpack for lunch, a warm drink, and accessories for that day.
Program in a nutshell
- Guided demanding cross-country ski tour in Finnish Lapland from hut to hut
- Program duration: 8 days / 7 nights, 6 skiing days
- Total distance 245 km, day trips 35-55 km, classic skiing style
- Main guiding language is English, max 12 persons
See more info on Fell Trek pages.
- Day 1 – Transportation from Kittilä airport to Rauhala. Overnight accommodation in a holiday cabin or in the rooms for 2 persons. Dinner and a short presentation of the week program. Accommodation.
- Day 2 – After breakfast, an hour bus drive takes us northward to Hetta, Lappish Village by Lake Ounasjärvi, the starting point of the skiing trip. Today’s route takes us first through the woods to a little hut of Pyhäkero and after a short break to Sioskuru cabin, where we will have a lunch break. From Sioskuru we continue along a forest skiing trail to our overnighting place in Ketomella. There in the traditional forest hut, we will have dinner, enjoy a sauna and stay overnight. Weather permitting, we have beautiful scenery to the surrounding open fell area. The distance of the day tour is approx. 27 km in varying woodland and fell grounds. (mainly classic style).
- Day 3 – Today we continue our skiing tour in on varying tracks in tranquil forests and hills first up to Hannukuru cabin, where we will have a lunch break and then down to Raattama Village. After a brisk skiing day sauna, evening meal and overnight stay in a cottage. The distance of the day tour is approx. 30 km (classic and partly skating style).
- Day 4 – In the morning we start our day tour to the majestic open hills to visit the Nammalkuru wilderness hut. After a lunch break, a tour continues mostly downhill to our overnighting place in Raattama. Sauna, evening meal and overnight stay. The day route goes along the wooded low land areas as well as on the fells and the daily distance is about 25 km- 30 km (mostly classic style)
- Day 5 – Today we continue on skis towards Pallas hills. In the Pallastunturi information centre of Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park, we learn more about the National Park and the surrounding areas – it’s flora, fauna and history- from an exhibition and multimedia show. From Pallas, we continue towards Jerisjärvi Lake. Overnight stay in a holiday cottage. The day distance is about 35 km (classic and partly skating style).
- Day 6 – Our ski tour continues towards Sammaltunturi, Keimiötunturi and onwards to a little village of Rauhala. In Rauhala evening meal and overnight. In the evening we go through the day’s distances and tomorrows trails.
- Day 7 – Today we continue on skis through the woods and on the hilly grounds towards Äkäslompolo. Our day distance is about 55 km (mostly classic style).Transfer to Rauhala. Sauna, evening meal and overnight stay. We go through the week’s tours and experiences after the evening meal.
Day 8 – Breakfast in Rauhala, departure.
See more info on Fell Trek pages.